What You Need To Know About Cellulite
What Is It?
Cellulite is the dimply-looking skin arising from the fat deposits accumulating below the epidermis. Due to the irregular texture of fat cells as compared to the smooth textured skin, it appears rough, like the skin of an orange. However, It is not a medical condition that needs immediate attention.
People, especially women, feel uncomfortable with these fatty cells on their thighs and hips. People affected with this might not even know how they got it. It is, very common to think that only obese or fat women can have this problem, but it is not true. Thin or skinny women may also be affected with it, but to a lesser extent.
How Do You Get Cellulite
- Lifestyle: Less or no exercise, smoking, stress, a sedentary lifestyle are attributed to fatty deposits
- Obesity: Excess body fat is a common cause, and widely associated with this condition.
- Pregnancy: A woman gets more vulnerable to cellulite after getting pregnant.
- Diet: Fatty foods like meats, fried/processed foods, caffeine, alcohol and chemical additives can raise the toxins that can cause fatty deposits.
- Age: Skin loses its suppleness with age, with the cells not able to recycle or regenerate properly.
- Heredity: A person is likely to get affected by this, if one or both of parents have suffered with it.
- Genetics: Each person has a unique genetic structure, which can also be a cause.
- Hormones: The hormones estrogen and progesterone affect the quantum and location of the fat cells. It promotes the growth of fat cells around the breasts, buttocks and thighs.
How to Reduce Cellulite
- Correct diet: Have a diet which is less fatty, and focuses to reduce the toxins in the body. Prefer seafood over meats, beans, lentils, dark lettuce, tofu, all of these are good.
- Body massage: Regular and consistent body massage can help to circulate the body fat evenly, and not deposit it at a fixed place.
- Exercises: Resistance training, bench presses, squats, step-ups with dumbbells can help to reduce cellulite. If possible, go to a gym. In this environment you can meet people that are struggling with this particular problem. Cardio exercises are good, but it must be done correctly under proper guidance to get effective results.